Understanding the theory behind every facial feature, explains aspects of the personality such as thinking patterns, workstyle, decision making, processing of information and listening skills. Face Profiling not only allows you to discover your true self, talents and challenges, but also provides awareness to recognise areas of conflict, promote effective communication and strengthen relationships.
Every face tells a story. Discover your talents, challenges and the secret message that hides behind a mysterious smile or an angry frown. Learn how to find your true self and to strengthen relationships through effective communication. Available in English (Your Face Puzzle) and Afrikaans (Legkaart van jou gesig).
Presentations are interactive, with practical examples of how face profiling can be used in any environment. A general overview of face profiling, visually supported with a PowerPoint presentation, can be customized according to the group’s unique needs. These presentations are ideal for groups who are looking for an interesting alternative that is informative, practical and entertaining.
“Who in the world am I? Ah! That’s the great puzzle.” ~ From Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
Very few people can honestly say that they know who they truly are. Every feature on your face reveals an aspect of your personality. A face profiling consultation provides an in-depth understanding of your unique talents, challenges and emotions. Discover how every piece of your puzzle fits together to reveal the real you.
Training workshops are offered to Sales Professionals and for the individual who wants to develop effective communication skills. The workshops are interactive and practical, with a step-by-step analysis of each facial feature and how it relates to personality traits. Profileworx provides the basic tools you need to get started and you will learn how to recognize aspects such as thinking preference, work style, spending habits and trust issues. After completion, you will be able to do a basic facial profile, know how to use the best approach with each individual you meet and how to communicate with confidence. Choose from the options list to read more.
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Knowing the strengths and challenges of each individual within your team, gives you the opportunity to make strategic decisions to benefit your business. There is no doubt that action-packed team building activities promote team spirit, but how much do team members really learn about the person they have to face back at the office? Profileworx offers a unique opportunity to promote effective communication and conflict management through the basic principles of face profiling. The team will learn to appreciate individual strengths and an understanding of positive interpersonal relationships. This will result in a productive and co-operative team, motivated to accomplish their purpose and goals.
Have you ever wondered what to buy for someone who seems to have it all? A face profiling consultation is a unique gift for friends, family or colleagues who need to be reminded how special they are. It provides an in-depth analysis of the reciprocal link between facial features and the inner significance with aspects of the personality.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Face profiling (Physiognomy)?
Face Profiling is a field of study focused on the human face, with a system of analysis that defines characteristics by studying facial features. Understanding the theory behind every facial feature, explains aspects of the personality such as thinking patterns, workstyle, decision making, processing of information and listening skills. Face Profiling not only allows you to discover your true self, talents and challenges, but also provides awareness to recognise areas of conflict, promotes effective communication and strengthens relationships.
What about genetics?
Of course it plays a part. We inherit our parents’ genes, but develop our own personalities based on aspects that we learn from our parents, teachers, friends and family. These personality traits will shape the structure, size and position of our facial features.
How does it work?
The position, size, structure and shape of facial features represent aspects of the personality. Our faces change according to the changes which manifest in our personality. As we learn and grow, our faces will eventually show the results. Changes on the inside (aspects of the personality) will affect the appearance on the outside (facial features). Changes on the outside (physical change to appearance e.g. plastic surgery, scars & make-up) will affect the inside (personality). Every face tells a story.
Your face is divided into different sections, vertically and horizontally:
The right side of the face represents the external or social side of your life (public persona). This is usually the ‘side of you’ that is shown to your colleagues and acquaintances.
The left side of the face represents the internal or personal side of your life (private persona). This is usually the ‘side of you’ that is only shown to your family and closest friends.
The face is also divided into three horizontal areas. It reveals life priorities, which is very meaningful if you are looking for long-term relationships. Remember, it is good to share similar facial proportions; otherwise your relationship could suffer from this trait’s potential challenge – a lack of understanding for other life priorities.
Dominant forehead area: measured from the hairline to the eyebrows. If this area is dominant, you are driven by thoughts, ideas and theories. Feelings may play a lesser role.
Dominant nose area: measured from the eyebrows to the base of the nose. If this area is dominant, you are driven by feelings and ambition. You are a go-getter who want to leave your footprints behind.
Dominant chin area: measured from the base of the nose to the chin bottom. If this area is dominant, you have stamina, are hospitable and usually well-grounded.
Please note: This is just a very brief example of some aspects which are represented by these sections. A comprehensive description of features can be found in the book: Your Face Puzzle – Physiognomy Simplified.
What about race and culture (stereotyping)?
There is a general perception that people from the same race and/or culture will all look the same. This is not true. When you really start looking at individuals, you will soon see that it is impossible to put people in racial or cultural categories. It is the shape, angle and proportions within a particular face that counts, not the colour of hair, skin or eyes. Should there be similar facial features present within a certain group, it is because of similar personality traits shared by them and not because they belong to that specific group. The same principle applies to families; if you look like your mother, your personality is most likely similar to hers and vice versa, if your facial features resemble your father’s features. Face profiling is a valuable tool to create understanding and should not be used to judge or criticize.
The Neethling Brain Instruments (NBI®) is a revolutionary battery of instruments that strives to develop whole-brain thinking in individuals. These assessment tools will help you to develop strategies to sustain creativity and positive thinking in your personal and professional life. You will also be able to identify the essence of your problems and apply creative solutions immediately. © SolutionsFinding (Pty) Ltd
The NBI® profile is a 15 or 30-question diagnostic survey that indicates your personal thinking preferences, skills and styles. These preferences influence the way you communicate, make decisions, solve problems and manage those around you. These instruments provides an insight to your challenges and will help you to develop whole-brain thinking, strategies to sustain creativity and positive thinking.
Our children are precious and we want to provide only the best for them. Understanding your child’s thinking preferences and behaviour is key to building solid relationships. This will promote respect, tolerance and avoid unnecessary conflict. The NBI® Children Profiles provide the best opportunity for you to raise a child with a positive attitude and creative skills, which will eventually lead to informed life- and career decisions.
Brain profiling is the first step towards understanding the way you think and how you can tap into your creativity for optimal results in all areas of your life. It provides an insight to your preferences, relationships, work style and communication style. From an organizational perspective, it is the perfect instrument to help each employee gain insight into their thinking preferences, roles and potential within the organization. An NBI® Profile gift voucher is a thoughtful and practical gift.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can you benefit from the NBI® Instruments for Brain Profiling?
Have you ever considered how your thinking preferences affect every aspect of your life? These aspects include the way you interact with the service consultant behind the counter, why you prefer to work alone on projects, how you use your hands while you are speaking or why you draw pictures while in conversation. These are all indicators of how you think and in which combinations you use different parts of your brain.
A person’s brain is divided into four different thinking quadrants:
- L1 – Analytical and factual
- L2 – Organized and detailed
- R2 – Interpersonal and sensitive
- R1 – Strategic and unorthodox
Each of the four quadrants is further divided in two to give 8 distinct dimensions to a person’s thinking preference. The Brain Profile gives an indication of how you:
- act towards other people
- do business
- solve problems
- form relationships
- play sport etc.
How can Brain Profiling help me?
It gives you insight into your thinking preferences and helps you to:
- reduce conflict at work and home – learn how to communicate better, even with those who have different viewpoints;
- improve your customer relations – learn to understand how your customers communicate, solve problems and expect processes to be completed;
- develop longstanding and valuable relationships – learn how to co-operate and when to compromise ;
- improve your parenting skills – learn how to acknowledge and understand your children’s perceptions and preferences;
- enhance your standing in social circles – learn why you get impatient and how to communicate with people who have other thinking preferences;
- make better career choices – learn how to align your career choices with your thinking preferences;
- improve your teaching and training skills – understand how to lead, motivate, inspire, share knowledge and gain trust;
- increase work performance – learn how to approach and manage difficult tasks
What should I know about NBI®?
- NBI® is based on scientific study – Dr Kobus Neethling developed the NBI® based on the profiles of more than 200 000 adults and children worldwide. Ongoing research at a number of universities and institutes remains an essential part of whole brain science.
- NBI® will not try to change you – You are a unique human being, perfect as you are. NBI® will not upgrade you to a “new model”, but wishes to provide you with a user manual to better understand yourself and assist you in getting “the best mileage” out of the present model.
- NBI® will not measure right or wrong – NBI® doesn’t measure good or bad, nor success or failure. Our assessment will not reveal any negative secrets about you. Even without an assessment, we are able to provide you with some knowledge: “There is absolutely nothing about you that can be described as bad, or will lead you to failure.”
- NBI® will benefit your business and personal life – NBI® provides relevant recommendations to help you make better choices regarding your career, relationships, parenting or study patterns. We can even assist you with choosing the best approach to play your favourite sport or to lose a few kilograms before summer.
- NBI® measures thinking preference from an early age – One of the biggest advantages of NBI® is that our intensive studies even include recommendations for children from as young as four years old. Everyone can benefit from our assessments.
Coaching helps you to unlock your true potential through powerful (and often tough) questioning, in order to find practical solutions for the best possible outcome. It may push you out of your comfort zone, but will enhance your motivation, develop your willpower and make you realize that goals are possible. This enables you to create the future you desire and to empower you to take ownership of your life.
We often get to a point where we feel overwhelmed in a situation and do not know how to move forward. You may feel “stuck” in a job that you hate, find it difficult to communicate with your partner or simply need to organize your home in order to feel in control of your life again. Partnering with a coach enables you to get a new perspective of your situation and find creative, practical ways to work towards the best possible outcome.
Life is filled with difficulties, no matter how successful you are. Caring for people comes naturally to most, but there are times when we realize that a person has to learn how to face challenges on his own. A coaching gift voucher is a life-changing gift for a loved one, friend or colleague.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is coaching?
The ICF (International Coach Federation) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaching supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole.
How is coaching distinct from other service professions?
Professional coaching focuses on setting goals, creating outcomes and managing personal change. Sometimes it is helpful to understand coaching by distinguishing it from other personal or organizational support professions.
- Therapy: Therapy deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict within an individual or in relationships. The focus is often on resolving difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual’s emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways. Coaching, on the other hand, supports personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change in pursuit of specific actionable outcomes. These outcomes are linked to personal or professional success. Coaching is future focused. While positive feelings/emotions may be a natural outcome of coaching, the primary focus is on creating actionable strategies for achieving specific goals in one’s work or personal life. The emphasis in a coaching relationship is on action, accountability and follow through.
- Consulting: Individuals or organizations retain consultants for their expertise. While consulting approaches vary widely, the assumption is the consultant will diagnose problems and prescribe and, sometimes, implement solutions. With coaching, the assumption is that individuals or teams are capable of generating their own solutions, with the coach supplying supportive, discovery-based approaches and frameworks.
- Mentoring: A mentor is an expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on his or her own experience. Mentoring may include advising, counseling and coaching. The coaching process does not include advising or counseling, and focuses instead on individuals or groups setting and reaching their own objectives.
- Training: Training programs are based on objectives set out by the trainer or instructor. Though objectives are clarified in the coaching process, they are set by the individual or team being coached, with guidance provided by the coach. Training also assumes a linear learning path that coincides with an established curriculum. Coaching is less linear without a set curriculum.
- Athletic Development: Though sports metaphors are often used, professional coaching is different from sports coaching. The athletic coach is often seen as an expert who guides and directs the behavior of individuals or teams based on his or her greater experience and knowledge. Professional coaches possess these qualities, but their experience and knowledge of the individual or team determines the direction. Additionally, professional coaching, unlike athletic development, does not focus on behaviors that are being executed poorly or incorrectly. Instead, the focus is on identifying opportunity for development based on individual strengths and capabilities.
Courtesy: International Coach Federation